Do These Jeans Make Me Look Fat?: Breaking the Cultural Mirror - Jocelyn Hamsher

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Title:  Do These Jeans Make Me Look Fat?: Breaking the Cultural Mirror
Author - Jocelyn Hamsher 
Genre - non-fiction 
Expected publication: January 1st 2012 
Publisher - Barbour Publishing, Incorporated  
Format - Paperback 
Pages - 176 
Author's website - 
Rating - 5 out of 5 

I received this arc through NetGalley and I would like to thank the publisher and the author for giving me a copy of this book.
Ok. Is there a lady out here that hasn't asked herself the question - Do these jeans make me look fat? Well, I am not one of them. I am actually one of those that is frequently asking herself this question. I know..I know.. I shouldn't obsesses with it, but how to fight it?
This was such an easy and nice book. I totally loved it!
I must admit I recognized myself on many occasions.My obsession to look good, to satisfy God knows what criteria..Well, this book did open my eyes a bit.
I won't go that far in saying it will tell you something you don't already know , but the way the author puts it - it becomes too clear!

Why the poor view of our bodies?
Why the obsession?
Why the neglect?
Whose standards are we using to define ourselves?




Yes, we need to love ourselves before expecting someone else to love us! It's not selfish, it's accepting the love The Creator has for us. We need to finally accept change as inevitable part of our lives and love ourselves because of WHO WE ARE not 'cause of what size do we fit into.
As the author says - Change may find us, but it doesn't define us.
No matter if you believe in God, Jesus, Buddha, the Universal energy..Mother Earth, your attitude towards life is what sculpts you. That is the reason behind you failures and successes. When it comes to the weight issue and the images of IDEAL WEIGHT we create in our minds, the society does play a big role in it. Do we really need to answer some criteria? Or are we here to enjoy life the way it is? Do we want to be thin, or be healthy? There sure is a big difference.
Just think about it!



My rating:

1 comments:

  1. Ha..every woman has asked this question. I saw your blog posted on PN & UF on GR. I am now a follower. Stop by and check out my blog : http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/
    or facebook blog: https://www.facebook.com/kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer
    I love coffee and reviewing books :)

Post a Comment